Jim also has 6 years of teaching and research experience from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, acquired between 1997 and 2003. The courses Jim taught include: Electrical Machinery, Power Electronics, Fundamentals of Mono-Chip Computers, Microcomputer Control Technology and Principle of Automatic Control; His field of research included optimal design of electrical machines, maximum power point tracking in the solar power system, dryer control system and motor speed control system.
Jim and his wife, Liu Yang have one son in middle school, He and his family enjoy reading- - particularly Chinese history.
Publications & Speeches
- Context Analysis of the Scope of Claims, Annual Symposium of All-china Patent Agents Association, July,2012.
- Patent Analysis of Smart Grid,Report of state intellectual property office of the P.R.C, October, 2011.
- Patent Analysis of Solar Power Generation Report of state intellectual property office of the P.R.C October, 2009.
- Topology Optimization in the Arrangement of Permanent Magnet Array for Unilateral NMR, Proceedings of the CSEE,Vol.27,No.12,Apr. 2007.
- Application of Level Set Method in the Optimal Shape Design of Pole in NMR Magnet, Proceedings of the CSEE,Vol.27,No.33, Nov. 2007.
- A Three-Dimensional Field Solutions of Halbach, Nuclear Electronics& Detection Technology, 2008,28(4).
- Design of solenoid coil for low field NMR, Analytical Instrumentation 2007(02).
- Application of Topology Optimization to Active Shimming of Main Magnet in Halbach NMR, Analytical Instrumentation, 2007(01).
- Optimal Shape Design of the Electromagnetic Devices in a Level Set Based Implicit Moving Boundary Framework, Piers Vol.3 No.1,2007.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering，Institute of Electrical Engineering Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2007
- M.S., Electrical Engineering，Huazhong University of Sciences and Technology, China,1997
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, China 1994